Right now we're working towards a goal of $1000 and we're a little over a 1/3rd of the way there. Hopefully this week will push us towards our goal! All the giveaways are sponsored by Team Pink Eye and the sponsoring shop.
If you don't want to enter a giveaway, you can also purchase several pink-themed products from different indie companies (Check the list of participating shops on Team Pink Eye's blog). In addition to doing a giveaway, I am also doing a look to help with awareness.
I was super inspired by this makeup look on BoA in her Game music video. Here are links to pictures of the look. I adjusted the look a little bit to suit my eye shape.
ELF Mineral Eye Primer
MAC Goldenaire pigment on the lid
Wet n Wild Crease shade from the We're Blasting Off Trio in the crease and lower lashline
Physicians Formula Eye Booster Liner in Deep Brown on the upper lashline
NYX White Eyeliner on the outer eye in the triangle and a bit on the waterline
ES A66 Eyelashes (from KKCenterHK, review coming up soon!)
Maybelline The Colossal Waterproof Mascara in glam Brown
Maybelline Great Lash Clear Mascara through the brows
I'm going to be holding a giveaway for a $25 Gift Certificate to Shiro Cosmetics and here are the rules on how to enter not only my giveaway but the other giveaways held by the other Team Pink Eye blogs!
To enter to win a $25 Gift Certificate to Shiro Cosmetics, donate $5 to Team Pink Eye at the Passionately Pink page. After that, comment on this post with the name that you donated under (you can donate under a nickname, just remember to give the nickname) along with a valid email address so we can contact you if you win and that's it, you'll be entered to win.
That donation of $5 gives you an entry into all of the Team Pink Eye Giveaways so just search through Team Pink Eye to see links to all the participating blogs and comment on the blog post hosting the giveaways you want to win in the same fashion. You can enter as many or as few as you like. All giveaways will end 10PM CST on Sunday. The entries will be tallied by Frances and Rebecca. Winners will be announced and emailed on Monday. After you've entered on my blog, be sure to check out all the other giveaways! This giveaway is sponsored by Team Pink Eye and Shiro Cosmetics. All proceeds go to Susan G. Komen Passionately Pink for the Cure.
So remember, try to do a self exam on your breasts at least once a month and see your doctor if you're worried about any changes. Be mindful of when you examine yourself, the best time is 2-3 days AFTER your period, not during your period. If you're not sure of how to do a self exam, take the time to watch this video to see a more light hearted perspective on self exams.
Keep in mind that women aren't the only ones that can get breast cancer, men can too. Men may only account for 1% of cases but it doesn't mean those 1% are any less serious than the other 99% of women with breast cancer. Awareness has done a lot to help catch breast cancer cases early and there's a lot more we can do to work towards a cancer free future.